Blog Prompt #14: Gender Neutral Dorms

After listening to Stefany's presentation last night, the discussion about gender neutral dorms got me thinking. Why is it such an issue to have the opposite sex stay in the dorms with the residents? If anything, it just makes people want to disobey the rules even more. We are adults going to college to get an education, when will the babysitting stop? We are all old enough to make our own decisions and college is essentially a bridge to moving out of our parents' house. When we are done with college, will we need to verify our every move with someone before we make the decision? Enough is enough! North Central needs to convert to gender neutral dorms and allow whoever wants to live with each other to do so. I don't understand the constant monitoring of the residents of the dorms. After living in dorms for my four years as an undergrad, I have a full understanding of what it is like to be in this situation and, to be honest, I only wanted to disobey the rules even more after being told what I could and could not do. This is clearly a topic that I can get pretty on edge about so I'll end here, but this surely isn't a topic that should be ignore or brushed under the rug. Changes need to be made!

Comments

Popular Posts